ELECTRICAL UPGRADES IN FORT WASHINGTON MD
HEAVY UPS PERFORMED BY EXPERT ELECTRICIANS
Heavy up, or heavy upgrade, is a term most often heard in the home repair industry, especially the electrical industry. But, what does it mean? Heavy up is a term used to describe increasing the amperage of your home. The increase is added to the service panel and it allows your home to handle and receive an increased load of power. It’s very unlikely that you will need a heavy upgrade to the home’s electrical system if the home was built in the last 20 years. However, if your home was built prior to that time frame, you very likely need a heavy upgrade if you don’t want appliances to short or trip when using more than one at a time. The trusted and experienced team from Circuit Doctors® Electrical Services, LLC has the tools and knowledge necessary to complete an electrical heavy upgrade in your Fort Washington, MD home.
Do You Need a Heavy Upgrade?
Not every home will require a heavy upgrade, which is why you should always call an electrician to come inspect your system. Some of the most common signs that your home could require a heavy upgrade include the following:
- The lights flicker when something else turns on, like the dishwasher or the air conditioning unit
- The circuit breakers repeatedly trip
- The electrical panel is older and has fuses in place of circuit breakers
- You are conducting a major renovation or addition to the home
- You are adding a service to the home that draws a lot of power, such as central air conditioning
Standard Amperage Service
When a home needs to go through a heavy up, it most often goes from 100 or 150 amps to 200 amps. The most common amperage service in homes today is that of 200 amps. Depending on the square footage of your home, 200 amps should be enough power to run the home without lights flickering, breakers tripping, or other electrical problems from happening anymore.
The Benefits of a Heavy Upgrade
Even if your home has 100 amps powering it right now, it still might be in your best interest to have a heavy upgrade of the electrical system performed by a trusted electrician from Circuit Doctors® Electrical Services, LLC. Why? A heavy upgrade can provide the homeowner with a handful of benefits that include the following:
- Improved safety of the electrical system: The most important benefit of a heavy upgrade is that the electrical system safety will be much improved. If you have a panel that is 30 years or older and overload it, you could easily cause a devastating fire. The safety of your home can be improved with a heavy upgrade.
- Better performance of the electrical system: You will notice a marked difference in the way the electrical system of your home performs after a heavy upgrade has been conducted. No longer will you see lights flicker or appliances make buzzing noises when operating. No longer will outlets spark when plugging items into them either.
- Ability to expand the home in the future: Even if you aren’t planning on doing anything to your home right now, a heavy upgrade can put you in the position to conduct an expansion of your home in the future. A heavy upgrade is often necessary when adding a second story to a ranch home, a hot tub or pool, central air conditioning or building an addition.
Schedule a Heavy Upgrade Today
Does your home require a heavy upgrade in Fort Washington, MD? If so, you need to speak to an experienced electrician from the Circuit Doctors® Electrical Services, LLC as soon as possible. Our electricians have been serving the community for more than 30 years, providing superior service to clients all over Maryland. Call us today at (301) 291-7514 to schedule an appointment for the heavy upgrade of your home’s electrical system or complete the appointment request form found on the website.
Give Circuit Doctors® a call today to schedule a free estimate for your home’s electrical upgrade in Alexandria! We’re standing by ready to help at (301) 291-7514.