SECURITY LIGHTING INSTALLATION IN ALEXANDRIA
ALEXANDRIA’S GO-TO ELECTRICIAN
There are few things that can give you greater peace of mind than feeling safe in your home from intruders. No residential security system is complete without correctly configured security lighting. Our team of licensed electricians specialize in highly effective security lighting installation in Alexandria, VA. We can install security lighting on your home and around your property that is sure to give potential intruders pause & beautifully illuminate your property at night.
One common concern we see from homeowners who say they are looking to increase their home’s security, is a reluctancy to have security lights installed due to the aetshetic. They are worried that security lighting will give their home a “prisonesque” feel and detract from their home’s curb appeal. If this is a concern for you, rest assured that when you contact the team here at Circuit Doctors to perform your security lighting installation in Alexandria, this will never be the case. We will work with you to pick the right placements, fixtures, & lights for your home & style.
Whether we decide to go with flood lights, motion sensor lights, or spot lights, we will position them in an aesthetically pleasing way. With the correct fixture selection and placement, we will ensure that your exterior security lighting not only adds protection and security to your home but beauty as well. When you call on Circuit Doctor to inquire about our residential security lighting services, we will quickly & easily arrange a no-obligation estimate to figure out a security lighting plan that increases both your properties security & curb appeal.
If you’re looking for ways to make your home safe at night, the team at Circuit Doctors is just a call away. For over 2 full decades, our electricians have been setting up & installing security lighting systems in homes and businesses throughout Alexandria, and throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia!
When you choose Circuit Doctors to perfrom electrical service in your home or business you can rest assured you’ll receive:
- Same or Next Day Service
- Honest & Affordable Pricing
- Emergency Service 24/7
- Owner Takes Your Call & Works On Your Project Personally!
- Full Spectrum of Electrical Repairs and Electrical Upgrades
- New Electrical Installation
- Top Quality Craftsmanship
- Code, Compliance, & Safety Inspections
TYPES OF SECURITY LIGHTING
When choosing to have security lighting installed on your property, it is best to begin with an understanding of the different type of lighting systems available to you. The most commonly used security lights include the following:
- Motion Sensor Activated – Motion-activated or “motion sensor activated” security lights are special in that they only turn on and illuminate an area when movement is detected. Not only do motion activated security lights save money & energy usage, they are very effective as a deterrent to would be intruders. This is mainly due to the fact that they catch intruders off guard and shine much brighter than standard lights that stay constantly on.
- Halogen Floodlights – Halogen flood lights are among the brightest security lighting options available and can quickly and effectively illuminate a large area with the flick of a switch. One thing to keep in mind with this security lighting option is that it will consume more energy than other types of lighting if left on for the same duration.
- Fluorescent – When we talk about the most practical and conventional type of security lighting, we are typically talking about fluorescent lighting. Many home and business owners will turn installing fluorescent security lights into a weekend DIY project but in most cases it’s best to leave the layout, design, and installation to a licensed professional electrician.
- HID – HID stands for High-Density-Discharge. HID security lighting emits a light so strong that is simply incomparable to other kinds of security lighting systems on the market today. When determining whether HID lights are the right fit for you, consider large residential structures, spacious backyards, and large open spaces.
WHY HAVE SECURITY LIGHTING INSTALLED?
Whether we are talking about a large patio or a small residential yard, safety should be a priority. For business owners having a comprehensive security lighting system installed can greatly reduce car theft, assaults, and break ins. For homeowners the results are very much the same. Studies show that properties with security lighting systems used in conjunction with home security systems see fewer home burglaries than those without them.
This data comes from a 24 month study done on the effects of security lighting systems. The results showed a 44% decrease in burglary & burglary attempts and a 22% decrease in vandalism! This all on homes equipped with security lighting.
Another angle on added safety that comes with security lighting systems is the ease of navigation you will have when walking around your own yard. Stumbling or tripping in the dark can have huge implications if you fall and become injured.
Schedule your electrical service in Alexandria by contacting Circuit Doctors Electrical Services today at (703) 463-9866.