ELECTRICAL REWIRING IN FORT WASHINGTON MD
NEW HOME WIRING & OLD HOME REWIRING PERFORMED BY EXPERT ELECTRICIANS
If you are planning to purchase a home in the Fort Washington, MD area, one of the best things you can do to protect your investment is have an experienced and trusted electrician inspect the wiring of the home. It’s better to find problems with the wiring now before you sign on the dotted line and notice flickering lights, tripping breakers, and constant outages. Aside from buying a home, do you live in an older home? Are you unsure of the age of the wiring of your home? A trusted electrician from Circuit Doctors® Electrical Services, LLC can inspect the wiring and make recommendations based on the findings so you can live with peace of mind.
When Should You Schedule Home Rewiring?
There are a host of reasons why a homeowner might wish to rewire their home, but the most common encountered by our team in Fort Washington, MD include the following:
- Damage to the home: Was your home damaged in a fire, flood, or other incident? It might be best to rewire the entire home when making other repairs to avoid any issues with the electricity moving forward.
- Upgrades to the electrical system: It is typically recommended to homeowners that the electrical system of a home that is 40 years or older be upgraded. For the most part, homes of this age usually have a system that is 100 amps or lower. A home with this much power should be fine, but if there is an HVAC system present, a pool, modern appliances or even window air conditioning units; this won’t be enough power.
- Remodeling and renovating the home: Another common project where a homeowner rewires the electrical footprint of their home is when conducting a remodel or a renovation. Why? Most times a project of this magnitude requires rewiring of the home in order to meet the current building codes. Other times, it’s simply to make sure there is enough power available for updated appliances, a new HVAC system, or a pool or hot tub installation.
Signs of Outdated Wiring in Your Home
If you aren’t sure whether or not it’s time to secure home rewiring services from a trusted electrician, be sure to be on the lookout for the following signs of outdated wiring in your home:
- Blown fuses
- Tripped circuit breakers
- Spending a lot of money on constant electrical fixes
- A burning smell
- Outlets are hot when touched
- Outlets fail to work
- Lights buzz when on
- Appliances buzz or vibrate when being used
- Appliances give you shocks when turning them on
- Sparks coming from outlets when plugging something into it
- Flickering lights
- An over-amped electrical panel
- Lightbulbs that burn out quickly
- Aluminum wiring
The Benefits of Home Rewiring
The benefits of home rewiring from Circuit Doctors® Electrical Services, LLC in Fort Washington, MD are numerous for homeowners. They include the following:
- Protection from electrical malfunctions
- Protection from electrical fires
- Protection from being shocked when plugging something into an outlet
- Removal of all exposed or defective wiring
- Easier to obtain insurance coverage with new system
- Ability to use multiple appliances at once without overloading the system
- Avoid appliances being fried by power surges or shortages
- Installation of power surge protection and GFCI outlets
- Add resale value to an older home
Call an Electrician Today for Home Rewiring
Need to know the age of the wires in your home? Want to have a home you might purchase inspected for electrical problems prior to closing? The experienced and trusted team from Circuit Doctors® Electrical Services, LLC is here to alleviate your worries about the wiring in your home and make the necessary repairs when called upon. Complete an appointment request form on our website or call us in Fort Washington, MD at (301) 291-7514 today to speak with a member of the team.
Give Circuit Doctors® a call today to schedule a free estimate for your home’s electrical upgrade in Alexandria! We’re standing by ready to help at (301) 291-7514.